Native Pulse Flours
Avena Best Native Pulse Flours are dry-milled from whole, split and decorticated pulses (beans, chickpeas, lentils and peas) at the Portage la Prairie, Manitoba flour and fiber plant. No water is used in the process. The facility is powered with virtually all renewable energy.
Ready-to-cook (RTC) pulse ingredients provide many benefits when incorporated into food and pet food products. In particular, they:
- Boost the protein, dietary fiber and micronutrient content
- Improve the protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS), thereby increasing the quality protein available towards a protein claim when combined with grain at the appropriate ratio
- Enhance the nutrition of allergy-friendly products
- Provide for a clean and clear label
- Supply quality starch that aids in expansion during extrusion