AVENA FOODS PRODUCT SOLUTIONS
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SOLUTIONS
Whether developing new products for consumers, or reworking existing product formulations, food, beverage, and nutraceutical manufacturers are looking for food ingredient companies that offer healthy plant ingredients that are sustainable, affordable and functional solutions in your food product development.
Avena Purity Protocol Oat Ingredients and Avena Best Flour Ingredients are:
- naturally nutrient dense
- high in protein
- high in fiber
- high in micronutrients
- low in fat
Let us help you with your food ingredient challenges. Select your industry category to learn more, or contact us today.
Consumers Increasing Demand For Products Made From High Quality Ingredients
Avena Purity Protocol Oat Ingredients, milled from whole oats, and Avena Best Food Ingredients, pulse flour milled from peas, beans, chickpeas and lentils, and fiber milled from pea hulls and oat hulls, meet the needs of beverage and food manufacturers, as well as addressing many other consumer concerns.
- Consumers are looking for cleaner and shorter ingredient lists on labels. They prefer simpler sounding names like ‘flour’ or ‘fiber’ to ‘concentrate’ or ‘isolate’.
- Consumers are becoming more sophisticated in their understanding of macro ingredients (protein, carbohydrates, including fiber, and fat) and micro ingredients (vitamins and minerals). Many consumers appreciate the nutritional synergy of whole seed ingredients.
Food Allergies & Sensitivities
- Many families struggle with food allergies and food sensitivities and require ‘allergy-friendly’ food ingredients, free of all major allergens.
- People with celiac disease, gluten-intolerance, or wheat intolerance need food and beverage products that are safe for them. Avena Purity Protocol oats and lentils meet this need.
- Many consumers are moving to a plant-based diet, whether it be vegetarian, vegan, megan or flexitarian, for their own health and the health of the planet.
- Oat and pulse ingredients also meet the requirements of Kosher and halal diets.
Sustainable Development and the Environmental Impact of Ingredients
- There is greater awareness of the link between food production and its impact on the environment. Consumers are choosing to purchase products that have a net positive effect on the environment.
- Avena Purity Protocol Oat and Avena Best Ingredients are dry milled with minimal use of steam for pasteurisation. In terms of raw materials, our milling processes are zero waste, with all product going into food, beverages, nutraceuticals or feed.
Meeting Trends for Higher Protein and Improved Digestive Health
- Oat and pulse ingredients may be used synergistically together to increase the amount of quality protein in beverage or food product development. The sulfur amino acid content of oats complements the lysine amino acid of pulses, resulting in a higher PDCAAS (protein digestibility corrected amino acid score) toward more of the protein being recognized as high quality.
- Recent research has focused on the prebiotic nature of both oats and pulses. These sustainable ingredients may be used to enhance the microbiome and improve digestive health.
Avena Purity Protocol oat and Avena Best Food Ingredients are non-GMO and available conventional and certified-organic. Avena Best Fiber Ingredients include pea hull fibers and oat hull fibers. These natural dietary fibers have a total dietary fiber content of +/-90% and are Health Canada Bureau of Nutritional Sciences (HCBNS), United States Department of Agriculture Foods Safety and Inspection Service (USDA FSIS) and FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved.
Avena Foods Limited is Sedex registered and has passed the Sedex Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA) encompassing four pillars of responsible business practices: labour standards, health and safety, the environment, and business ethics.
Do you have a project or food ingredient challenge? We’re ready.
For safe, healthy diets and a sustainable world.
A big shout out to everyone at Avena Foods who shared their time and resources to generously collect and donate…
by Mike Gallais, Director Procurement/GM Rowatt Growing crops was one of the few things that were not affected by the…
Harvest is done, the fields are ready for winter, and the oat crops are being cleaned, dried and safely stowed….