COVID-19 CUSTOMER UPDATE
AVENA FOODS CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) CUSTOMER UPDATE
May 14, 2020
Avena Foods takes the health and safety of its employees, customers, and suppliers extremely seriously. Since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have implemented preventative actions and contingency plans in line with advice from the World Health Organization and local health authorities, combined with further initiatives we determined are appropriate.
Business continuity is a key priority. We want to minimize service disruptions or impacts to your business. Our cross-functional coronavirus response task force has worked with each of our business functions and facilities to keep everyone healthy while we continue to offer the level of quality, responsiveness, and support that you have come to expect from Avena Foods.
We have not yet experienced any significant interruptions to our supply chain for the oats and pulses we use to produce our food ingredients and we do not expect any in future, as most of these are sourced locally. Regarding other materials including food packaging, we have not yet experienced any issues there either, but we have established contingency plans for supply of those materials.
Avena Foods is always committed to practices that ensure the health and safety of our employees and the ingredients we produce. COVID-19 measures we continue to reinforce with our employees and suppliers include:
- Best practice public health guidelines regarding physical distancing and hygiene must be followed, and extensive and frequent disinfection of all frequently-touched surfaces is performed in Avena facilities. We have also changed the physical environment such as locker rooms and coffee areas to limit the number of employees who may be in one area.
- Employees must stay home from work if ill. Avena provides generous sick leave benefits to ensure strict adherence to this requirement.
- Office staff are working from home as much as possible, to reduce the number of employees on site.
- Entry by non-employees is strictly controlled. Only essential external personnel are allowed inside Avena facilities, after screening and instructions to adhere to physical distancing and hygiene requirements.
- Avena staff have not and will not travel outside of their home country while COVID-19 travel advisories are in effect.
- Transparent communications with employees regarding our continuity plans and preventive measures are ongoing. Employees are also encouraged to suggest additional measures we can take to reduce risks.
Avena will continue to review and enhance these measures as the situation evolves. Please contact us if you have any questions or need additional details.
Avena Foods Limited